This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Saturday, February 21, 2004

Parameterized Types for Java

Parameterized Types for Java is a very solid paper with a proposal for subject. It's written by very well known researchers, including B. Liskov. Unfortunately, Sun took a different approach and implemented a different approach in the upcoming Tiger JVM. They used a project called Pizza. I don't like this approach. The only advantage was that it didn't require changes in JVM, which was a main concern for Sun in my opinion.

Some more reading on generics: An Interview with A. Stepanov at STL-Port and another Al Stevens Interviews Alex Stepanov.

No comments: