This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Spring Application Framework

Finally, I've found time to look at this thing. I've been hearing about Spring for a year or so. It's a component framework.

I started porting my components in the current project to Spring. It's pretty flexible and doesn't require your components be aware of the Spring framework. One thing is missing: proper life cycle management. Spring manages life cycle only for single-ton components. It doesn't have it's own instance pools, unfortunately.

I'm going to look at its database and transactions stuff. It look interesting, maybe my home grown database layer could be ported to Spring.

No comments: