This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Numerical Library in Java for Scientists and Engineers

I'm looking for Java sources of a good numerical library. This book is supposed to have them. It should have Java implementation of NUMAL (Algol library) with sources. I don't know what's the license, I doubt it's anything like GPL.

Unfortunately, the porblem with new things is that they are not tested thoroughly. It's especially important in math libraries, that they were tested by many people. I deally, I'd love to gave GPL's CERNLib or BESMLib in Java.

GSL - GNU Scientific Library is in C/C++. It may be easier to convert to Java.


Also, I found out that Numerical Recipes is available on-line. It's a surprise.

No comments: