This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Mark Knopfler in Wolftrap

Mark Knopfler stopped in Wolftrap with Shagri-La album. When I heard Dire Straits' Love Over Gold album for the first time in late 80s, I couldn't imagine he'd come with a concert almost into my backyard :) That's one of the reasons one could like America, especially DC metro area. All sorts of folks come here with tours.

Dire Straits is long gone, but Mark is still the same guitar virtuoso. I loved the performance, although I couldn't get what were the songs from Shangri-La. They were probably only a couple of them. He played old tunes, including my favourite one Telegraph Road. I couldn't believe when he started playing it. It's so long, you'd never hear this on radio. Also performed: Sailing to Philly, Walk of life, Julliet, and others.

I was so upset that morning when realized that my lawn tickets are lost. Luckily, there were two more available at the box office in front orchestra afternoon. The concert was sold out.

No comments: