This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

AJAX gives software a fresh look | CNET News.com

AJAX gives software a fresh look | CNET News.com

Ok, one more buzz-word to learn. The noise around AJAX became so annoying that I decided to look at it, finally.

Over the years, desktop applications tied to a specific operating system have become entrenched as the main way to work on a computer. AJAX, a set of development techniques standardized over the past eight years, could change all that by bringing more sophisticated interfaces to Web applications. With that, backers are hoping it can open a crack in the dominance of desktop software like Microsoft's Office, the undisputed market leader.


Yeah, sure... now AJAX. What was beore it? I forgot already.

No comments: