This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Maven sucks

It's been fourth day since I started working with Geronimo project. Unfortunately, they chose Maven to build the project. Bascically, it doesn't work. It doesn't build Geronimo from sources in the trunk. I decided that I'll waste some more time, if it doesn't work by the end of the week, I'll give up and try jBoss.

I have this little project of mine: to write a custom JACC provider. I chose Geronimo to play with, but if its build won't start working, I'll work with jBoss.

I hate Maven, it sucks. If you din't start using Maven, it's good. Don't start. Forget this piece of crap and stick to Ant.

No comments: