This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

From Cycles to Shocks: Progress in Business-Cycle Theory by Satyajit Chatterjee

This article is about business-cycles in Economy. I found it while searching for Eugene Slutzky's article The Summation of Random Causes as the Source of Cyclic Processes. It was published in Russian, then translated into English in Econometrica, Vol. 5, No. 2 (Apr., 1937) , pp. 105-146. Unfortunately, Google's Scholar doesn't show the full text of the paper. I hate the fact that scientific journals don't permit Google to show articles. It's so much against spirit of open and free flow of information in science.

I need to read this article because it may contain information about the distribution of distances between local extrema in random sequences. I know that Slutzky worked on this subject.

No comments: