This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The World Is Flat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Finally, I finished this book a few days ago. It left with mixed feelings. In math there's a technique called extrapolation. I think that this author is extrapolating too much. He sees the trend and assumes that it would continue to hold. There's an inherent weakness in such assumptions. In Nature, when approaching the limits, behaviour of systems often changes drastically. If globalization continues at its current pace, then at some point the whole world would become like one ig country. no borders, nations etc. If physics taught me anything, then it's not going to happen. The world would naturally cluster itself. Currently, it's countries and ethnicities, speaking many languages. It could be something else, but there's no way we could become homogenous.

Read more at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T...

No comments: