This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

CC on BBC

Yestrday I found out how funny it is to read closed captioning of BBC newscast on Cox cable TV. Yesterday it was "tock tors said" instead of "doctors said". The news ancor was a british indian-looking woman with heavy british pronounciation. Today I got "cuban disease dents released" instead of... "cuban dissidents" :)

I attribute these mistakes to british accent. Perhaps, the captioning people are americans.

Also, I was wondering how they subtitle songs. The lyrics are often very difficult to understand, and they are always good with lyrics. I bet they get the texts in advance somehow.

No comments: