This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Monday, January 29, 2007

Career Conferences of America, Inc.

I go to career fairs every once in a while, just to learn that it's a waste of time. I went to Careers 2007 college recruitment conference in Washington, DC. It's for undergrad and grad students. The lines were not terribly long, and the people were not looking hopeless and miserable as they usually do on "adult" career fairs. These are young people, they've no idea what life is for middle class yet :)

Anyways, I left my resumes at FRB, SEC and PNC. I'm pretty sure that nothing's gonna come out of this, but who knows...

UPDATE: A friend of mine told me that he got his first job in AT&T after college on a career fair. So, it works for some people.

No comments: