This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Book: Stack Computers: the new wave

It's a book with a lot of details on stack computer architecture. I stumbled upon it while writing my little Forth-like embeddable interpreter for ETL type of application.

Brodie's Starting Forth book is available in HTML, and Thinking Forth is in Google Books. The former seems to be a good source for beginners. The latter is bla-bla about "Forth-philosophy", I didnt find it particularly useful.

Starting Forth is also available here with updates source codes (ANS), which should run on modern systems.

Forth ANSI standard is here, definitely not for beginners. Russian Forth page is very informative.

JSForth project implements Forth in Javascript, runs in Firefox.

No comments: