This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Special report on Kazakhstan in FT

Jason, thanks for the link, I didn't read it yet :)
The country’s long-term economic outlook looks bright. Aside from oil, it also possesses huge coal, mineral and metal reserves. The global food shortage has highlighted its potential as a grain producer


I'm not sure about the grain though. The land's not that great for grain. We did grew it, but at such a high expense. The natural landscapes were destroyed, and livestock was reduced. Not a good idea, imho.

Another news from Moskovsky Komsomolets
Kazakhstan's president has approved a bill to create a new holiday on his birthday to honor the nation's capital, Astana, local media reported Thursday.
sometimes I don't understand what the f.ck is wrong with these people.

No comments: