This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Thursday, September 25, 2008

LinkedIn connection updates

When one of your connections in LinkedIn add a new connection to his/her network, LinkedIn sends a connection update. I get more connection updates these days. Some people who were not using LinkedIn at all, all of a sudden, started expanding their networks like crazy. I noticed this started happening around the time when $700 bln bail out plan was announced. I wonder if this is an indication of the fact that people are more concerned about economy and want to strengthen their professional networks. Networking is the best way to find jobs in recession times.

No comments: