This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

India Call Centers Suffer Storm of 4-Letter Words

" 'You Indians suck!' an American screamed on the phone," recalled a soft-spoken Manzoor, 25. "He was using a lot of four-letter words, too. He called me names left, right and center."

Call center executives and industry experts say abusive hate calls are commonplace, as resentment swells over the loss of American jobs to India. According to a survey in November 2004 by an Indian information technology magazine called Dataquest, about 25 percent of call center agents identified such calls as the main reason for workplace stress.


By Rama Lakshmi
Special to The Washington Post
Sunday, February 27, 2005; Page A22

I haven't ever heard of this before. It's true that many (all?) call centers are in India now. The results are mixed. I used to be dissatisfied with Dell's Indian support stuff, but recently one guy helped me resolve a problem with Dell laptop quickly. I was pleased. On the other hand, Sprint's american support was terrible. It was the main reason of my switching to AT&T Wireless.

No comments: