This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Technopark in Almaty

Implanted on 340 hectares near the country's financial capital city of Almaty, the Alatau IT Park will be operational as of next June, according to Mr. Baurjan Abdrafilov, the Park's director. This site is the first of the IT Parks that Kazakhstan will develop over the next 10 years.

Essentially dedicated to IT and telecommunication technology, Alatau's IT Park has interested western High Tech corporations: there are over 30 corporations planning on installing a site in the park since its creation in June 2004. To date, such firms as Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Microsoft, Samsung, Sun Microsystems and Thales have already signed the necessary protocols with the ETTC (Engineering & Technology Transfer Center), the Park's operator, for implantation.


I doubted it would ever work out, but will be happy if I were wrong. Once, I wrote an article on the subject in www.dn.kz newspaper arguing for creation of such a park in Alatu.

No comments: