This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Linkedin networks

I think this guy got it:

The most valuable thing in this piece for LinkedIn users is a quote from Konstantin Guericke, their VP of Marketing:

This is not the sort of place where you build a network. It’s where once you have one you can leverage your existing network.

This is a key point I think many people misunderstand about LinkedIn, especially those whose primary exposure to online networking has been through sites that allow direct contact and have public interaction spaces. Think of LinkedIn like a map that lets you navigate your network when you need it.


I was thinking about networking in Linkedin. This observation seems to be correct.

No comments: