This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Monday, September 24, 2007

Columbia President Reviled, Praised

``I am only a professor, who is also a university president, and today I feel all the weight of the modern civilized world yearning to express the revulsion at what you stand for,'' University president Lee Bollinger said to Ahmadinejad. ``I only wish I could do better.''

He also said: ``Mr. President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator.''


That was very rude. I think that it looks particularly bad in the eyes of eastern people: you are not supposed to insult your guests inside your house. Columbia invited this gentleman, they shouldn't be treating him this way. It's sad, and sets a bad example for future American politicians.

No comments: