This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Binge eating?

By Patricia Reaney

Wed Apr 1, 2009 1:09pm EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!

Young vegetarians consuming plenty of fruits and vegetables are eating a healthy diet but they may also have an increased risk of binge eating and other unusual behaviors, researchers said.

Why am I not surprised? I think that today people live far away from farm animals and don't see them on regular basis. I used to have a friend who has never seen a live horse. I'm not a farmer myself, but loved to spens summers in my grandma's village in childhood. What I remember well is that farm animals always chew on something, they almost never stop, they chew all day long. I gather that vegetarian food doesn't have a lot of nutrients, so vegetarians must consume large amounts of food to get what the body wants. I also think that higher end functionality, such as brain activity, requires some nutrients, which is in low concentrations in vegetarian food.

No comments: