This is Argyn's blog. I comment on topics of my interests such as software, math, finance, and music. Also, I write about local events in Northern Virginia, USA and all things related to Kazakhstan

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

First Night in San Francisco


Today French plane disappeared somewhere in South America. It happened before my flight. I didn't care. Mine is United, it's bad enough even without worrying about other stuff. Overcrowded, no food. I sat in 5 seats row. For some reason there wes a lot of Russians in the plane. They didn't look exactly like work & travel folks.

Plane arrived almost 1 hour earlier, it was so nice. My hotel is so-so. It's supposed to be higher end, Westin, but amenities are subpar. It's very clean, and tidy, but feels like Sofitel in Bruxelles, i.e. no amenities you'd expect in a good hotel, like pool or sauna.

San Francisco was foggy and chilly. I took a couple of picture on my g-phone. I'm stupid, forgot my camera home. Tomorrow's the first day of conference. There's some registration to do in the morning. We have to update our slides, maybe go to rehearsal.

No comments: